Comparing the costs of a Tesla Model 3 against a compact Lexus in Southern California (busy city metro with expensive gas), I save about:
- $180 savings per 1k mile
- $2160 savings per year (if driving 12k miles/year)
- Actually, you’ll save even more MORE money…read below…
How this savings was calculated:
- 1000 miles at 25 miles/gallon means 40 gallons @ $4/gallon premium gas = $160 in gas per 1k miles.
- $100 synthetic Mobile one oil change every 5k miles = $20 oil change per 1k miles.
- Changing oil filter and brakes would be a couple more dollars.
Other areas where you save…
The major tune-ups…water pump, timing belt, spark plugs, other random issues, fluids. I honestly think you might save $2300-2500 per year since you don’t have all those services (transmission service, fuel injector cleaning, etc and etc). Even more if you have the kind of car that breaks down a lot and expensive to fix.
“What about the “lost productivity” time you spent because of charging your car?”
Nonsense. You get all that back and more since you’re free to check emails and use your phone and what not while the car is driving you.