Quick rundown of the different Tesla models.
Learn what they do best, and why people preferred them over the other models.
Model 3 (compact):
- Most popular option.
- Lowest cost.
- Smaller, more agile.
- Charges faster (since it uses less power).
- Cleanest UI, only one panel. (Most people don’t miss the 2nd panel like Model S.)
- Has many 3rd-party accessories that can give it close to all the same features as the more expensive Model S. (Like power lift gate, etc.)
Model S (full-size sedan):
- Bigger car, more room.
- More storage.
- More hardware buttons (instead of pure software)
- Door handles open/close automatically.
- Biohazard air filter.
- Power lift gate (trunk auto open/close).
- Two screens.
- More comfortable.
Model X (SUV):
- Lots of storage, it’s an SUV!
- Cool gull-wing doors. (Can park closer to adjacent objects.)
- Lots of seating (fits 7 adults).
- Higher off the ground (better visibility).
- Many advanced features of the Model S.
Model Y (hybrid compact SUV):
- Compact SUV (more space than regular sedan but not big like SUV).
- More energy-efficient than SUV.
- Can seat 7 adults.